Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Vessi  (Read 20387 times)

Offline √ brewing

• 1st Kit
Re: Vessi
« Reply #135 on: April 05, 2017, 01:23:38 pm »
That's disappointing news about your vessi not getting the temp. down to 35 degrees. I won't know if mine will do the same. I won't start dropping the temp. down until 6 days from now. just curious is your vessi keep indoor inside your house.

Offline valestij

• 1st Kit
« Reply #136 on: April 05, 2017, 02:35:11 pm »
Thanks for the headsup on new vids, though there was no mention that I saw on the  Indiegogo site, if that's what you're referring to as the original forum. I wish they'd get an official forum together so that all this input could be consolidated in one place. PITA jumping from Indiegogo, FB, and here.

I'm still disappointed in pouring temps even though my unit does reach 35 deg. according to gauge. If there's 35 deg. beer in there it certainly isn't finding it's way to the tap even after several consecutive pours. Personally I don't think sticking your glasses in the freezer should be the official answer. I'd be happy with 40 deg, but that ain't happening either. WHERE  IS THAT COLD BEER?  ???

I hear ya on that about the cold beer. Once I get my replacement vessi, I'm going to insulate the tank to see if that helps. It would be tempting to open the lid and put a thermometer right in the tank to test that temp. My digital gauge has a long reach and I very well may do that on my next batch...gotta know! lol
I looked at the facebook page but then bailed on using it. This site is good enough for me.

Agree it's a PITA jumping between sites.  I'm actually gonna bail on this site since some VESSI employees actually are responding on the FB site.

Offline cjdock

• Cellarman
« Reply #137 on: April 05, 2017, 02:36:27 pm »
That's disappointing news about your vessi not getting the temp. down to 35 degrees. I won't know if mine will do the same. I won't start dropping the temp. down until 6 days from now. just curious is your vessi keep indoor inside your house.
Outside may have helped, lol. I live in Michigan. But no, its inside and my house temps are typically not higher than 71 degrees and average closer to 68.
Once you drop your temp to say, 35 degrees, in 24 hours or less you should be at 35.

Offline cjdock

• Cellarman
« Reply #138 on: April 05, 2017, 02:38:54 pm »
Thanks for the headsup on new vids, though there was no mention that I saw on the  Indiegogo site, if that's what you're referring to as the original forum. I wish they'd get an official forum together so that all this input could be consolidated in one place. PITA jumping from Indiegogo, FB, and here.

I'm still disappointed in pouring temps even though my unit does reach 35 deg. according to gauge. If there's 35 deg. beer in there it certainly isn't finding it's way to the tap even after several consecutive pours. Personally I don't think sticking your glasses in the freezer should be the official answer. I'd be happy with 40 deg, but that ain't happening either. WHERE  IS THAT COLD BEER?  ???

I hear ya on that about the cold beer. Once I get my replacement vessi, I'm going to insulate the tank to see if that helps. It would be tempting to open the lid and put a thermometer right in the tank to test that temp. My digital gauge has a long reach and I very well may do that on my next batch...gotta know! lol
I looked at the facebook page but then bailed on using it. This site is good enough for me.

Agree it's a PITA jumping between sites.  I'm actually gonna bail on this site since some VESSI employees actually are responding on the FB site.
I checked out FB and wow, folks are posting a lot, and with pics and more so I'll probably do the same. I saw the employees as well so yea, probably time to migrate over.

Offline cjdock

• Cellarman
« Reply #139 on: April 12, 2017, 10:25:07 am »
Got my replacement Vessi the other day. Service was great, and the new one is working perfectly! I did a test by adding 6 gallons of water and then cranking it to 35. The next morning it was at 35!!
Good times for sure!

Offline bob

• Conference
  • Cellarman
  • Prez for Life - Yeast Coasters - West Michigan
« Reply #140 on: April 26, 2017, 07:58:43 am »
Hi all,
I'm an employee on the Vessi team and I will be checking this board for questions, likes and dislikes, suggestions.
We are also going to monitor the other avenues like Facebook and Indiegogo. So let us know how we are doing.  Share photos if you can.
Cheers!
Bob
Vessi Fermentor and Dispenser
WLabs
Bob