Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Changing battery on thermometer.  (Read 1508 times)

Offline Iliff Ave

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Changing battery on thermometer.
« on: April 29, 2017, 05:16:31 pm »
I have a basic digital thermometer and the battery finally died. I was able to get the battery out but cannot get it back in. There is a rubber piece that is connected to the battery tray to keep it water tight. It can't get it all back in together. I feel extremely dumb but does anyone have any tips?
On Tap/Bottled: IPL, Adjunct Vienna, Golden Stout, Honey Lager
Fermenting: IPA
Up Next: mexi lager, Germerican pale ale

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
Re: Changing battery on thermometer.
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2017, 05:30:49 pm »
It's hard to say without knowing the exact thermo, but I'll be honest, Chris - as important as it is to the process, I just replace. I love the Thermoworks RTC 600C (same company that makes the Thermopen, only cheaper). Less than $20 on Amazon. I've been through a couple of them in the last  years. Just my $0.02. .
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 05:36:58 pm by HoosierBrew »
Jon H.

Offline Iliff Ave

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Re: Changing battery on thermometer.
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2017, 05:41:44 pm »
It's hard to say without knowing the exact thermo, but I'll be honest, Chris - as important as it is to the process, I just replace. I love the Thermoworks RTC 600C (same company that makes the Thermopen, only cheaper). Less than $20 on Amazon. I've been through a couple of them in the last  years. Just my $0.02. .

Thanks Jon! Just purchased a replacement on Amazon that takes one aaa battery which should simplify matters in the future.
On Tap/Bottled: IPL, Adjunct Vienna, Golden Stout, Honey Lager
Fermenting: IPA
Up Next: mexi lager, Germerican pale ale