Author Topic: Changing battery on thermometer.  (Read 206 times)

Offline goschman

• Official Poobah of No Life.
    • View Profile
Changing battery on thermometer.
« on: April 29, 2017, 04:16:31 PM »
I have a basic digital thermometer and the battery finally died. I was able to get the battery out but cannot get it back in. There is a rubber piece that is connected to the battery tray to keep it water tight. It can't get it all back in together. I feel extremely dumb but does anyone have any tips?
On Tap/Bottled:                       
Brown Lager / Kolsch / Hop Hash IPA / HopTrop Cider / Summer Wheat

Fermenting:
Up Next: Mandarina Pils, XPL #2, Amber Lager

Offline HoosierBrew

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
    • View Profile
Re: Changing battery on thermometer.
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2017, 04:30:49 PM »
It's hard to say without knowing the exact thermo, but I'll be honest, Chris - as important as it is to the process, I just replace. I love the Thermoworks RTC 600C (same company that makes the Thermopen, only cheaper). Less than $20 on Amazon. I've been through a couple of them in the last  years. Just my $0.02. .
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 04:36:58 PM by HoosierBrew »
Jon H.

Offline goschman

• Official Poobah of No Life.
    • View Profile
Re: Changing battery on thermometer.
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2017, 04:41:44 PM »
It's hard to say without knowing the exact thermo, but I'll be honest, Chris - as important as it is to the process, I just replace. I love the Thermoworks RTC 600C (same company that makes the Thermopen, only cheaper). Less than $20 on Amazon. I've been through a couple of them in the last  years. Just my $0.02. .

Thanks Jon! Just purchased a replacement on Amazon that takes one aaa battery which should simplify matters in the future.
On Tap/Bottled:                       
Brown Lager / Kolsch / Hop Hash IPA / HopTrop Cider / Summer Wheat

Fermenting:
Up Next: Mandarina Pils, XPL #2, Amber Lager