Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Stone to increase Ruination by .5%  (Read 4598 times)

Offline The Professor

• Brewmaster
  • "In the next life, you're on your own"
Re: Stone to increase Ruination by .5%
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2013, 03:21:56 pm »
... All I mean is that, generally, you can make better IPAs than you can buy. Assuming you know what you are doing. Which isn't rocket science.

So true.  Actually, making beer in general is not rocket science (if it were, there wouldn't be so many new breweries popping up like weeds.  LOL)

But yeah...you can absolutely make better IPA than any that you can buy. I keep trying new commercial ones as they appear, and honestly while some are very good, I have yet to taste a single one that is a true standout, or that's truly worth the often inflated prices they sell for.
AL
New Brunswick, NJ
[499.6, 101.2] Apparent Rennerian
Homebrewer since July 1971

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
Re: Stone to increase Ruination by .5%
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2013, 03:57:57 pm »
... All I mean is that, generally, you can make better IPAs than you can buy. Assuming you know what you are doing. Which isn't rocket science.

So true.  Actually, making beer in general is not rocket science (if it were, there wouldn't be so many new breweries popping up like weeds.  LOL)

But yeah...you can absolutely make better IPA than any that you can buy. I keep trying new commercial ones as they appear, and honestly while some are very good, I have yet to taste a single one that is a true standout, or that's truly worth the often inflated prices they sell for.
I agree totally. I still buy a handful of IPAs (see Kyle's posting) when I can get them fresh, but once you have the basic techniques down, nothing beats the hop explosion you get after tapping that fresh keg of homebrewed IPA. Get Mitch's new book, use plenty of sulfate to make the hops pop, and get dry hoppin' !
Jon H.