Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: New A419 Johnson  (Read 2889 times)

Offline joe_feist

• Assistant Brewer
  • Grand Rapids, MI
New A419 Johnson
« on: July 01, 2013, 10:22:52 am »
OK, I'm the new and proud owner of a Johnson A419 controller. I also bought a thermowell to use with the probe. My questions are about the settings. I'm thinking the temperature should be fairly stable with the probe and thermowell inside the fermentor - I can't imagine any wild swings negatively impacting the ferment or the fridge's compressor as 5 gallons of beer shouldn't change temps all that rapidly.

So, first - does that sound reasonable? Second and third, etc -what settings do others use for set point, differential and anti-short cycle delay?

Thanks and hope every one enjoyed the NHC. Look forward to having you here in Grand Rapids next year.
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
Mark Twain

Offline tygo

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Sterling, VA
Re: New A419 Johnson
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 10:25:47 am »

So, first - does that sound reasonable?

Yep

Second and third, etc -what settings do others use for set point, differential and anti-short cycle delay?

Set point is the temperature you want the beer to be held out so will vary depending on what you're doing and your preferences.

I set my differential to 1 and my anti-short cycle delay to 10 minutes.
Clint
Wort Hogs

Offline joe_feist

• Assistant Brewer
  • Grand Rapids, MI
Re: New A419 Johnson
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 10:30:38 am »
Thanks Tygo. Appreciate the feedback. It's a good place to start.
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
Mark Twain