Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Questions on feedback and competition  (Read 1900 times)

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
Questions on feedback and competition
« on: June 01, 2013, 10:52:25 pm »
I had these in another post, maybe I worded things poorly. Looking for some info.

Is there a certified or higher judge who would be interested in tasting a couple of my beers and provide me with good objective feedback? It would be this early fall. I am not trying to avoid expense of a competition, but trying to get educated experienced feedback.

Offline oly

• Cellarman
  • beervana
Re: Questions on feedback and competition
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 10:38:56 pm »
Best bet would probably be to join a club and bring your beer to meeting for evaluation. But if you're out in Klickitat county, not too much out there eh? Maybe in Hood River or The Dalles?

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Questions on feedback and competition
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 10:41:35 pm »
Sure.  Let me know when you're ready.  At least you won't have to ship too far.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 11:05:01 pm »
Thanks Denny. I'll get back to you. Will probably be late summer early fall

Offline phunhog

• Brewer
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 11:35:30 pm »
There was/is a BJCP judge in the Midwest who was offering these services. Can't remember his name/website but I think he is a National level judge. Basically he charged 7 bucks a beer to critique them and email back the scoresheets.  I never did it but I thought it was a great service to offer.  Comps are great but it seems like the feedback and/or quality of the judging can be so variable that you never quite know what you are going to get.