Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Additional equipment for therminator?  (Read 1966 times)

Offline parrothead

• 1st Kit
Additional equipment for therminator?
« on: June 06, 2013, 09:24:49 am »
I plan on getting the Blichmann therminator and was wondering if there is any recommending additional equipment to buy for use and cleaning. I have seen the flush hose and the hose adapter things. Are these things necessary or helpful?

Offline micsager

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: Additional equipment for therminator?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 10:01:21 am »
I plan on getting the Blichmann therminator and was wondering if there is any recommending additional equipment to buy for use and cleaning. I have seen the flush hose and the hose adapter things. Are these things necessary or helpful?

I made my own flush hose, and believe it is absolutely necessary.  And depending on your own hose connections, you may need some new ones. 

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
Re: Additional equipment for therminator?
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 10:32:24 am »
I have the flush hose and I also equipped it with some QD's for ease of installation and cleanup. There's really minimal work involved with setup. I boil it before each use. I also flush it with hot water from the inlet and outlet multiple times for cleanup. Works great!
Ron Price

Offline parrothead

• 1st Kit
Additional equipment for therminator?
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 11:42:10 am »
Thanks for the help!  I look forward to using it as I live in TN and the ground temp gets pretty high in the summer and fall months. I am sick of chilling for so long and fighting the flys.