Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: carboy handle  (Read 4268 times)

Offline Joe Sr.

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Chicago - NORTH SIDE
Re: carboy handle
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2013, 09:47:07 am »
I always lifted my glass carboys by the handle, but would also try to get a hand underneath as quickly as possible for better support.  It's moot, as I stopped using glass somewhat recently when I cracked a carboy (not while lifting, but nonetheless).  Just not worth the risk any longer for me.

As to play in the handle, they make different size handles for different carboys.  If you have an acid carboy with the narrower neck, you need a smaller handle.  The smaller one that I have is brown, not orange.

The good news is that the orange handles fit perfectly on Better Bottles for when you switch over.
It's all in the reflexes. - Jack Burton

Offline Delo

• Brewer
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2013, 10:17:30 am »
I have the two different size carboy handles for my different sized carboys and there is really no play with either. As others have said, you shouldnt be using them with full carboys so a little play shouldnt matter. The only thing I use the handle for is as something to hold the wet empty carboy in place during my cleaning. As far as carrying full carboys, my wife bought me a brew hauler for Christmas this year and it's one of those things I wish I had sooner.
Mark

Offline Hokerer

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Manassas, VA
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2013, 06:57:37 pm »
As far as carrying full carboys, my wife bought me a brew hauler for Christmas this year and it's one of those things I wish I had sooner.

+ a bazillion.  Brew Haulers are great
Joe