Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Something for dog owners to consider  (Read 1351 times)

Offline gymrat

• Brewmaster
  • Ralph's Brewery
Something for dog owners to consider
« on: June 10, 2013, 11:55:33 am »

It is getting to be that time of year again. Every year veterinarians treat a number of dogs for 3rd degree burns as a result of walking on hot pavement. Please, before taking your dog walking or jogging, put the back of your hand on the cement. If you don't think you could leave it there indefinitely don't make your dog walk on it. Every year someone posts a picture of an egg fried on the concrete. Would you want to walk barefoot across a giant hot grill? Please don't make your dog do it either. This time of year I take Ralph for his walks before my morning coffee.
Ralph's Brewery
Topeka, KS

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
Re: Something for dog owners to consider
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 03:34:50 pm »
Those kind of stories make me want to lose my mind and go Viking berserk. But I'll refrain.

Thanks for reminding people not to be entirely moronic. And to remember that dogs aren't people. They only want to please, protect, defend, and will never complain. Unfortunately this often leads to injuries that they don't deserve.

Offline gymrat

• Brewmaster
  • Ralph's Brewery
Re: Something for dog owners to consider
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 04:11:48 pm »
I think this simply does not occure to a lot of people. Thats why I posted it here, on my facebook, and on the other forum I frequent.
Ralph's Brewery
Topeka, KS