Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Filet Manhattan Recipe  (Read 7161 times)

Offline beerocd

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: Filet Manhattan Recipe
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2010, 07:34:12 pm »
I just got back from the produce place. Capsicums were $3.99 per lb. WTF. Time to grow a garden!

Oh, I gotta have at least 1000 sq ft of garden going - what ticked me off is I want to make gyros. I need marjoram. Got 2 sets of sprouts going already but I need the spice now. It's like ten million dollars for one of those McCormick spice bottles!!!  No time to run to the ethnic stores for affordable stuff.  >:(

The moral majority, is neither.

Offline nicneufeld

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2010, 06:36:56 am »
I can get green bell peppers for cheap, but red peppers were over 3 bucks a piece.  I would like to do a roasted red pepper cream sauce with pasta next week, but my plans are flexible if these prices don't come down...

Offline beerocd

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2010, 01:47:24 pm »
Official word on the Gyros... AWESOME!
I'm too far out from the big city to be able to get good gyros. I was up late watching Alton Brown and there's the gyros show. So I'm not claiming it to be my own, but I can vouch for it being pretty darn good. I made his tzatziki sauce too, with the mint. Not what I'm used to, but very tasty.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/gyro-meat-with-tzatziki-sauce-recipe/index.html

Oh, and for those of us who don't make our own breads daily, if you brush the pitas with oil and water and slap em on a hot skillet, they will turn out fantastic.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 01:50:40 pm by beerocd »
The moral majority, is neither.