Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: HooDoo Brewing  (Read 4241 times)

Offline yso191

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Yakima, WA
HooDoo Brewing
« on: June 11, 2013, 07:42:11 pm »
So tonight I am sitting in the other Fairbanks, AK brewery.  This one is fairly new.  A 15 bbl brew house with just a tap room.  Three beers on tap: a Kolsch, an IPA, and a stout.  I tried a flight of all three.  The Kolsch was good, as was the IPA - solid, but not out of the mainstream.  The Stout was exceptional though incredible coffee, molasses, etc. 
Steve
BJCP #D1667

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.” ― G.K. Chesterton

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
Re: HooDoo Brewing
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 09:09:27 pm »
Sounds like fun.

Offline yso191

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Yakima, WA
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 10:13:30 pm »
It has been fun.  But only two breweries and I'm here for three days.  What am I going to do tommorrow?!
Steve
BJCP #D1667

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.” ― G.K. Chesterton

Offline AmandaK

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Redbird Brewhouse
Re: Re: HooDoo Brewing
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 09:09:35 am »
It has been fun.  But only two breweries and I'm here for three days.  What am I going to do tommorrow?!
Go back to the one you like the most?
Amanda Burkemper
KC Bier Meisters Lifetime Member - KCBM 3x AHA Club of the Year!!
BJCP Assistant (to the) Midwest Rep
BJCP Grand Master/Mead/Cider

Our Homebrewed Wedding, AHA Article

Offline tumarkin

• Brewmaster
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 05:27:40 pm »

find a bottle shop & look for beers from Midnight Sun. buy a bunch, then go to a restaurant that allows you to bring in beer, or order out.
Mark Tumarkin
Hogtown Brewers
Gainesville, FL

Offline yso191

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Yakima, WA
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2013, 11:12:12 pm »

find a bottle shop & look for beers from Midnight Sun. buy a bunch, then go to a restaurant that allows you to bring in beer, or order out.

By coincidence, we went to North Pole, AK.  Tonight and had dinner at a Chinese place that had been featured on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives; called the Pagoda.  On their beer list was Sockeye IPA, by Midnight Sun.  It was quite good!
Steve
BJCP #D1667