Since Im just starting out wanting to make my own brew, I have been told by several people to go to my local beer store and purchase different ale, pilsner, etc. and give them a try. So I did. I only bought 6 this time, I will buy more again soon and I will let you know my opinion of them. Here is my opinion of the six I just bought in order from worst to the best.
(6) Winter Axis http://fleck.worldclassbeer.com/beerspy/product/empyrean-winter-axis-festiveale/12188/
Hated It. Never want to drink it again. Very Strong Citrus Acid Punch to it. Strong and Bitter.
(5) Schells Bock http://www.schellsbrewery.com/ourbeers_info.php?id=17
Tasted like bitter or burned molasses. A bit better than the Winter Axis, but still not drinkable.
(4) Acme California Pale Ale http://www.northcoastbrewing.com/beer-AcmePaleAle.htm
Tasted like it was made with a cheap cream soda. t is drinkable but leaves a bad aftertaste in your mouth. Very smooth and easy to drink, it just bites you at the end.
(3) Honey Pilsner http://www.madhousebeer.com/honey-pilsner.php
Very slight taste of honey, but would not drink it again. Could be drinkable for someone (Its on the borderline) But between me and my wife we didn't finish it.
(2) Amber Lager http://www.monarch-beverage.com/Pages/Beer/BeerDetails.aspx?PageId=2838
First thought before drinking it, we thought we wouldn't like it since it was an Lager beer. But, we were both pleasantly surprised by it. It is drinkable and it is something we could get used to. We both think it smells like some kind of desert, and it had a hint of rosemary.
(1) Beer Flower Wheat http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/samuel-adams-longshot-beer-flower-wheat/190344/
we were told this is a home made brew that won a beer contest so Samuel Adams has picked it up. The taste is smooth but with a kick. we both enjoyed this beer. The taste is a bit stronger than Miller Genuine Draft, but is very drinkable.