Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: New opportunity...  (Read 12376 times)

Offline jamminbrew

• Brewmaster
  • theAntipunk
Re: New opportunity...
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2013, 09:05:00 pm »
Well, I talked to the lead brewer, and they are buying the boots I need for me. I don't know what brand/type, but already-paid-for is the best kind.

I start on Monday the 10th. (Had to give current job 2 weeks) It's a local brewery here in Colorado Springs, called Phantom Canyon Brewing Company. They've been here since '93, so they are a well-established brewery. They are finishing an expansion this week, so when I start, we will be brewing with twice the capacity from a month ago. And they bought a bottling line, so distribution is also in the future...
Great time to be stepping in!
In caelo cerivisiae nil, hic igitur bibimus.

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2013, 09:17:18 pm »
How cool is that! Keep us informed.

Offline jamminbrew

• Brewmaster
  • theAntipunk
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2013, 06:20:16 pm »
We finally got the new brewery up and running. Ran a test batch yesterday, and then today, we brewed 27 bbls of hefeweiss. By the end of the week, we will have brewed 105 bbls, 4 different beers. I am hot, wet, tired, and coated in grain dust, and loving every minute of it.

Learned an important lesson about steam pipes yesterday. They are hot. Probably gonna have a lasting mark on my leg from that.

And the boots they bought for me are Industrial Servus, by Honeywell. Steel toed, even!

Cheers!
In caelo cerivisiae nil, hic igitur bibimus.

Offline Thirsty_Monk

• Brewmaster General
  • Eau Claire WI
    • Lazy Monk Brewing
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2013, 07:20:45 am »
We finally got the new brewery up and running. Ran a test batch yesterday, and then today, we brewed 27 bbls of hefeweiss. By the end of the week, we will have brewed 105 bbls, 4 different beers. I am hot, wet, tired, and coated in grain dust, and loving every minute of it.

Learned an important lesson about steam pipes yesterday. They are hot. Probably gonna have a lasting mark on my leg from that.

And the boots they bought for me are Industrial Servus, by Honeywell. Steel toed, even!

Cheers!
Cool.

On the side note. Who need the body piercing and scaring artists when you just can work in the brewery. :)
Na Zdravie

Lazy Monk Brewing
http://www.lazymonkbrewing.com

Offline anthony

• Brewer
  • Hoppy to help!
    • Triptych
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2013, 07:21:34 am »
Awesome! I've never checked out the craft beer scene down in the Springs but sounds like I may need to next time I am out visiting the folks.