Author Topic: HooDoo Brewing  (Read 2443 times)

Offline yso191

• Brewmaster
  • Yakima, WA
    • View Profile
HooDoo Brewing
« on: June 11, 2013, 06:42:11 PM »
So tonight I am sitting in the other Fairbanks, AK brewery.  This one is fairly new.  A 15 bbl brew house with just a tap room.  Three beers on tap: a Kolsch, an IPA, and a stout.  I tried a flight of all three.  The Kolsch was good, as was the IPA - solid, but not out of the mainstream.  The Stout was exceptional though incredible coffee, molasses, etc. 
Steve

Offline klickitat jim

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
    • View Profile
Re: HooDoo Brewing
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 08:09:27 PM »
Sounds like fun.

Offline yso191

• Brewmaster
  • Yakima, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 09:13:30 PM »
It has been fun.  But only two breweries and I'm here for three days.  What am I going to do tommorrow?!
Steve

Offline AmandaK

• Brewmaster
  • Redbird Brewhouse
    • View Profile
Re: Re: HooDoo Brewing
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 08:09:35 AM »
It has been fun.  But only two breweries and I'm here for three days.  What am I going to do tommorrow?!
Go back to the one you like the most?
Amanda Kertz
Kansas City Bier Meister
BJCP National

Redbird Brewhouse - Current Project: Full Basement Bar Build

Offline tumarkin

• Brewmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 04:27:40 PM »

find a bottle shop & look for beers from Midnight Sun. buy a bunch, then go to a restaurant that allows you to bring in beer, or order out.
Mark Tumarkin
Hogtown Brewers
Gainesville, FL

Offline yso191

• Brewmaster
  • Yakima, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2013, 10:12:12 PM »

find a bottle shop & look for beers from Midnight Sun. buy a bunch, then go to a restaurant that allows you to bring in beer, or order out.

By coincidence, we went to North Pole, AK.  Tonight and had dinner at a Chinese place that had been featured on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives; called the Pagoda.  On their beer list was Sockeye IPA, by Midnight Sun.  It was quite good!
Steve