General Category > Beer Recipes

London Pride Clone Beer

(1/2) > >>

slaphappy44:
Does anybody out there in forumland have a clone recipe for Fullers London Pride?  I love this beer very much, but can only drink it from time to time because of the price  :'(.  Any help would be much appreciated.

poobah58:
Check out this link:
http://www.jimsbeerkit.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2377#2377

monk:
I brewed this a couple years ago and loved it.  If I made it again I'd switch to WLP002, but the S-04 tasted great at the time.  Come to think of it...I may make this again soon!

London Calling
1.043-1.011
30 ibus
5.5 gallon batch

7# British Pale (MO)
1# Simpson's British Crystal 75L
1/2# Demerara (or any light brown sugar)

1/2oz Target for 60 min
3/4oz Northdown for the last 10 minutes

S-04 dry yeast fermented in low sixties for 2 weeks

Fuller's has such a unique style of brewing that I think it's very hard to emulate their products truly, but maybe I just think that because the ESB always eludes me.  This LP is pretty close, tho.

Good Luck!

redbeerman:
I taste a touch of dark crystal in there as well.

toastedman:

--- Quote from: monk on March 10, 2010, 04:24:54 PM ---I brewed this a couple years ago and loved it.  If I made it again I'd switch to WLP002, but the S-04 tasted great at the time.  Come to think of it...I may make this again soon!

London Calling
1.043-1.011
30 ibus
5.5 gallon batch

7# British Pale (MO)
1# Simpson's British Crystal 75L
1/2# Demerara (or any light brown sugar)

1/2oz Target for 60 min
3/4oz Northdown for the last 10 minutes

S-04 dry yeast fermented in low sixties for 2 weeks

Fuller's has such a unique style of brewing that I think it's very hard to emulate their products truly, but maybe I just think that because the ESB always eludes me.  This LP is pretty close, tho.

Good Luck!

--- End quote ---

Looks tasty to me, gonna try this on saturday, as i have everything on hand. When does the sugar go in? 5-10 min sound ok.

TIA   jerry

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version