Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: eZymurgy on Kindle Fire HD  (Read 7523 times)

Offline metron-brewer

• Assistant Brewer
  • White Bear Lake, MN
eZymurgy on Kindle Fire HD
« on: June 18, 2013, 10:52:07 am »
Anybody else have issues signing in and reading eZymurgy on a Kindle Fire HD? I can't even sign in, just sits there and does nothing. Tried the change password etc. Just wondering if it's a glitch or something I'm doing.
Ron B.
White Bear Lake, MN

Offline bunderbunder

• Cellarman
Re: eZymurgy on Kindle Fire HD
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 10:23:02 pm »
It's a Flash applet, so it won't work on any mobile device.

Supposedly an Android app is coming out real soon now.  Maybe that'll be going onto the Amazon app store as well as Google Play?

Offline cheshirecat

• Assistant Brewer
eZymurgy on Kindle Fire HD
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 06:28:06 am »
It's a Flash applet, so it won't work on any mobile device.

I log in and read it from my iPad all the time. Just looking at the new issue yesterday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Offline metron-brewer

• Assistant Brewer
  • White Bear Lake, MN
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 06:31:53 am »
I was not sure if it was Flash or not.
If it is a Flash Applet, it does not surprise me that it doesn't work on the Kindle Fire HD. I've read that the new Kindle's are not supporting Flash. I think Apple still does so that's probably why that works.
Thanks for the info, looking forward to the Android App.
Ron B.
White Bear Lake, MN

Offline bunderbunder

• Cellarman
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2013, 08:13:17 am »
Apple are the folks who led the charge on there being no Flash on mobile devices.

I just gave it a shot on my iPhone and it did load it's got a totally different interface from what's being served up to my computer.  So it's got to be using a second version that's put together in HTML5 or something like that. If I disable Flash on my computer, though, instead of sending the version of the app that goes out to the iPhone, it looks like it tries (and fails) to serve up the Flash version.

Long story short, they've got two different versions, one for Flash and one for no Flash, but the system they're using to decide which one to use is broken.

Offline bunderbunder

• Cellarman
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2013, 08:16:34 am »
No, wait, with flash disabled it gives me a link that says "Using a screen reader? Click here".  Doing so gets you the HTML5 version.

If you're at least getting that brushed metal gray background on the Kindle, try scrolling down to see if you can find it.  I saw it like halfway down the page, so it might be that it's just not visible at first.

Offline metron-brewer

• Assistant Brewer
  • White Bear Lake, MN
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2013, 08:35:34 am »
No, wait, with flash disabled it gives me a link that says "Using a screen reader? Click here".  Doing so gets you the HTML5 version.

If you're at least getting that brushed metal gray background on the Kindle, try scrolling down to see if you can find it.  I saw it like halfway down the page, so it might be that it's just not visible at first.

I never get to the metal gray background. When I input user id and password it goes nowhere, blanks out the fields for id and password and nothing happens. I was hoping that the app would take care of this issue for me. I'd sure like to be able to read all the archived versions on my Kindle HD.
Ron B.
White Bear Lake, MN

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2013, 09:48:23 am »
I contacted the AHA IT staff and asked them if they could look into this.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline metron-brewer

• Assistant Brewer
  • White Bear Lake, MN
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2013, 10:00:40 am »
Thanks Denny I appreciate it.
Ron B.
White Bear Lake, MN

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2013, 11:34:43 am »
Turns out Gary pointed this thread out to them yesterday, so they're aware of the issue and looking into it.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline barleypopmaker

• 1st Kit
    • Barleypopmaker's Beer Blog
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2013, 07:48:00 pm »
There is still no app in the kindle store on amazon. However, I was able to get the ezymurgy app to work on my kindle by following these instructions exactly. It's a lengthy process, but worked for me and was worth it. All and all time spent was about only about 20 minutes. This seems to work with other apps not available in the amazon store that are available on google play. For the record, I logged into drop box through the web browser on my kindle, not a drop box app.

https://eweforia.wordpress.com/2013/02/01/how-to-install-google-play-store-apps-on-a-kindle-fire-when-you-dont-have-another-android-device/

Offline dmtaylor

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Lord Idiot the Lazy
    • YEAST MASTER Perma-Living
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2013, 07:26:42 am »
Thanks for the tip, Jason!  About time you showed up around these parts.  Unfortunately, I have been unable to get into eZymurgy so far, I get error messages every time.  I posted a separate topic in hopes for timely resolution...
Dave

The world will become a much more pleasant place to live when each and every one of us realizes that we are all idiots.