General Category > General Homebrew Discussion

Mold on wort, should I taste?

(1/4) > >>

brewlikeamonkey:
So I made and experimental brew in the fall using a lot of Oval-tine and a bunch of other household groceries and once it was done fermenting it smelled terrible.  So terrible that I was not even brave enough to taste it so I decided to throw it out.  I seem to have forgotten to throw it out and it has been sitting in my basement in a glass carboy with airlock for months and now has mold on top of it.  I smelled it this morning and it actually smelled pretty good to me.  Should I taste it or get rid of it?  The mold scares me a little since I didn't add anything to the wort except US-05.

klickitat jim:
Dude!

morticaixavier:
Taste it.

it's not going to hurt you and it might be amazing. what does the mold look like?

amh0001:
I'm scared

erockrph:
A) Nothing that grows in beer can kill you

B) Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger

Therefore:

C) Drinking this beer makes you stronger. Go for it!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version