Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Bummer  (Read 1448 times)

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
Bummer
« on: June 24, 2013, 05:12:38 am »
Went to check on my freezer. I have three batches fermenting in it. To my dismay my cream ale fermentor seems to have sprung a leak. I have about two gallons left in the fermentor and the rest in the bottom of the freezer.

So, time to rack it over to a good fermentor and mop up my mess. What a tragedy! I'll have to investigate the cause and not repeat it.

Offline Jimmy K

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Delaware
Re: Bummer
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 06:19:32 am »
That happened to me last winter with a russian imperial stout. Between a boil over and overflowing fermenter, I lost about 2 gallons. At least cream ale costs less.  ;)
Delmarva United Homebrewers - President by inverse coup - former president ousted himself.
AHA Member since 2006
BJCP Certified: B0958

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 06:25:15 am »
It was my spigot. Broke off in my hand. Must have over tightened it. Was able to rescue the yeast.

Offline Jimmy K

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Delaware
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 07:45:30 am »
Like the spigot on a bottling bucket? I've had them break before too when bottling. Luckily it was just a slow leak then.
Delmarva United Homebrewers - President by inverse coup - former president ousted himself.
AHA Member since 2006
BJCP Certified: B0958

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 08:07:34 am »
Ya plastic spigot. I use them on fermentor, installed just above where the trube line is. Of course that's a variable but I normally don't have a problem.  Anyway, problem found problem solved.