General Category > Extract/Partial Mash Brewing

Vinegar Flavor

<< < (2/3) > >>

tygo:

--- Quote from: hang5lngbd on July 02, 2013, 08:41:46 AM --- I use an oxygen canister connected to a diffusion stone like device and the beer is aerated in 20seconds or so. I cleaned it well enough I think.

--- End quote ---

Might want to try boiling the diffusion stone for 20 minutes or so. 

In The Sand:
+1 I boil and then StarSan my diffusion stones.

Joe Sr.:

--- Quote from: hopsand on July 02, 2013, 11:17:15 AM ---+1 I boil and then StarSan my diffusion stones.

--- End quote ---

I've never boiled the stone and never had an issue.  Star san before and after use.  I run O2 through it after use while it's in the star san.

hang5lngbd:

--- Quote from: tygo on July 02, 2013, 10:45:00 AM ---
--- Quote from: hang5lngbd on July 02, 2013, 08:41:46 AM --- I use an oxygen canister connected to a diffusion stone like device and the beer is aerated in 20seconds or so. I cleaned it well enough I think.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Boil the stone with the wort?

redbeerman:

--- Quote from: hang5lngbd on July 02, 2013, 12:41:51 PM ---
--- Quote from: tygo on July 02, 2013, 10:45:00 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Boil the stone with the wort?

--- End quote ---

Boil it in water.  If nasty little guys have taken up residence in the sintered holes, you need to either boil them or heat them in the oven until dead.  You should do this between uses as a matter of procedure.  Joe's way seems to work as well, but I would feel more comfortable with heat.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version