Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: New Blichmann products at NHC  (Read 5060 times)

Offline factory

• Brewer
  • Virginia Beach, VA
New Blichmann products at NHC
« on: July 03, 2013, 12:12:43 pm »
Does anyone know when Dr Blichman intends to bring the new products he displayed at NHC to market?  I got to speak with him, but forgot to ask.

Offline Jimmy K

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Delaware
Re: New Blichmann products at NHC
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 12:15:20 pm »
Yeah, i wanted to see the price on the rims rocket

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Delmarva United Homebrewers - President by inverse coup - former president ousted himself.
AHA Member since 2006
BJCP Certified: B0958

Offline rhbs

• 1st Kit
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 12:59:59 pm »
"Fall" was all the answer I got to this question.

Offline thebigbaker

• Brewmaster
  • Denver, CO
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 02:50:39 pm »
What new products do they have lined up?  Unfortunately I wasn't able to make it to the NHC.
Jeremy Baker

"An escalator can never break: it can only become stairs. You should never see an Escalator Temporarily Out Of Order sign, just Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Offline Jimmy K

• Delaware
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2013, 03:19:27 pm »
The rims rocket is a hop rocket with an electric coil inside for use as a rims heater. The had an electric kettle too.
Delmarva United Homebrewers - President by inverse coup - former president ousted himself.
AHA Member since 2006
BJCP Certified: B0958

Offline thebigbaker

• Brewmaster
  • Denver, CO
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2013, 03:47:12 pm »
The rims rocket is a hop rocket with an electric coil inside for use as a rims heater. The had an electric kettle too.

Thanks for the info, sounds interesting! 
Jeremy Baker

"An escalator can never break: it can only become stairs. You should never see an Escalator Temporarily Out Of Order sign, just Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2013, 06:47:34 pm »
What new products do they have lined up?  Unfortunately I wasn't able to make it to the NHC.
2barrel kettles and conicals. Interesting solution of going up with the geometry, using existing base hardware.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline jeffy

• Tampa, Fl
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2013, 06:54:38 am »
2barrel kettles and conicals. Interesting solution of going up with the geometry, using existing base hardware.
They had a strange kettle on top of a kettle, sort of rims mash and boil combination rig.  Put half the brewing liquor in the top pot, half in the bottom, heat the bottom, continuously pump from the bottom to the top while draining from the top to the bottom.  When strike temp is set, add malt to the top and mash while recirculating for an hour.  You end up with wort ready to boil in the bottom kettle.
I can't see how this would be terribly efficient, but he said seventy-something percent.
Jeff Gladish, Tampa (989.3, 175.1 Apparent Rennarian)
Homebrewing since 1990
AHA member since 1991, now a lifetime member
BJCP judge since 1995

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2013, 07:30:05 am »
They had a strange kettle on top of a kettle, sort of rims mash and boil combination rig.  Put half the brewing liquor in the top pot, half in the bottom, heat the bottom, continuously pump from the bottom to the top while draining from the top to the bottom.  When strike temp is set, add malt to the top and mash while recirculating for an hour.  You end up with wort ready to boil in the bottom kettle.
I can't see how this would be terribly efficient, but he said seventy-something percent.
You were there longer than I was.

John was at the LHBS for Big Brew. He said that sales to nanos has increased, and the new products had that in mind. Homebrewers are still the core business.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline mabrungard

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Water matters!
    • Bru'n Water
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2013, 02:21:26 pm »
The price of the RIMS Rocket was there.  It was in tiny print on the display card. 

I'm a little worried about the RIMS Rocket since the velocity through the chamber will be very slow.  I suppose that the concern with wort overheating may be reduced if the watt density is super low.  But I prefer the smaller diameter RIMS tubes from an engineering viewpoint since the wort velocity will be much higher than in the RIMS Rocket.  I suppose that they might have incorporated some other features or controls to avoid over-heating the wort, but I'm concerned. 
Martin B
Carmel, IN

BJCP National
Foam Blowers of Indiana (FBI)

Brewing Water Information at:
https://www.brunwater.com/

Like Bru'n Water on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/Brun-Water-464551136933908/?ref=bookmarks

Offline malzig

• Brewer
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2013, 08:33:27 am »
It's essentially a no-sparge mash, so the same 75%+ efficiency should be achievable for a 12-15 Plato beer.