Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: What Denver area clubs are fairly active?  (Read 16416 times)

Offline john f

• 1st Kit
What Denver area clubs are fairly active?
« on: June 08, 2012, 12:34:03 pm »
I'm looking to join a club in the Denver area and when I look at the links from here some of them are dead, some have boards where the last post was in 2009..   ???

In a perfect world it would be a club with at least a monthly meeting or every other on a wed, thur, or Fri. Or at least some activity during those days. I work Sat/Sun and could not participate much in a strictly weekend get together club.

Any suggestions?

Plus if anybody here moderates those club links I think a few of them for CO are folded up...

Offline thebigbaker

• Brewmaster
  • Denver, CO
Re: What Denver area clubs are fairly active?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 01:35:20 pm »
One of my goals this year is to join a club in the Denver area.  I live in SE Centennial/Aurora area and want to stay close to this area.  So looking forward to any responses to this thread.
Jeremy Baker

"An escalator can never break: it can only become stairs. You should never see an Escalator Temporarily Out Of Order sign, just Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Offline kraftwerk

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 08:54:06 am »
I live in NW Denver near Sloan's lake. Also interested in a club. Anyone want to start one?
Beer is like music. I don't have a favorite. I'll take a well-made example of any style!

Offline radartaco

• 1st Kit
    • NKY Homebrewers Guild
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 09:24:39 am »
I will have to keep and eye on this as I have been researching clubs in the area. My wife's job may bring us there in the next few months and I would miss having an active homebrew club.
Jon C
Singletrack Homebrewery
Fermenting: Pre-Prohibition Cream Ale | 859 Kentucky Common | Papaws Robust Proter
On Tap: :(

Offline ghumphrey

• Cellarman
  • Highlands Ranch, CO
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2012, 11:47:31 am »
Our club, the Rock Hoppers, is very active in the Colorado homebrewing community. Our website is constantly updated and we meet consistently the second Thursday of every month in the Castle Rock/Parker area.

We've got a rotating contingent of members who attend NHC every year... we participate in Club Night and the Hospitality Suite, serving our members' beer to the masses (we even had a write up from a beer blogger that became a fan of our brews in Minnesota).

We host a competition in early December (Biere de Rock) and a golf tournament in August (Hop on the Green).

Other activities include:
  • Hopper Happy Hours the third Thursday of every month at various Denver area beer bars and breweries
  • Brew With Me! events
  • Big Brew Day in May
  • Brewers Rendezvous camping trip in July
  • Annual Hop-o-ween Party in October
  • Holiday beer exchange

Dues are $20 per year. That's cheap!!

Check us out at http://www.rockhoppersbrewclub.com, http://www.rhbc.co, and http://www.bierederock.com.

Offline john f

• 1st Kit
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2012, 06:40:42 pm »
Sounds perfect I'm joining right now.  8)

Offline kharn74

• 1st Kit
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2012, 04:07:25 pm »
Well looks like this post is a little old but I am moving to the Denver area in August from Phoenix.  Will have to check out the Rock Hoppers.  Thanks.
Nothing beats a day of brewing.

Offline thebigbaker

• Brewmaster
  • Denver, CO
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2012, 04:19:47 pm »
Well looks like this post is a little old but I am moving to the Denver area in August from Phoenix.  Will have to check out the Rock Hoppers.  Thanks.

I'm thinking of doing the same.  I've been wanting to join a club, but have been just too busy and didn't want to drive to far for one.  Looks like the Rock Hoppers moved their meetings to the Brew Hut (adjacent to Dry Dock Brewing), which is only about 5 minutes from my house.  So this may just be the  club for me.
Jeremy Baker

"An escalator can never break: it can only become stairs. You should never see an Escalator Temporarily Out Of Order sign, just Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Offline khillje

• Assistant Brewer
    • Twitter
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2012, 04:29:50 pm »
Any active brew clubs in the Northern burbs of Denver?  I live in Northglenn and am moving to Todd Creek here in a few weeks.  Rock Hoppers sounds great but it's a bit too far for me.

Offline GolfBum

• Assistant Brewer
  • Lakewood, CO
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2013, 04:23:56 pm »
KROC, keg ran out club is the club I am in. I joined in June 2010 and was really new to homebrewing. I was accepted with open arms and it's a great club. We have a lot of new members this past year and always have a core group of people at the meetings. Meet every 3rd Thursday of the month at either Do Your Brew or a local brewery. Last month was Big Choice. A lot of experienced brewers and there are no dues. Plus we host the the World Brewers Forum. It's a great club.

Offline geek_chaser

• Cellarman
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2013, 07:35:48 am »
hello. i know this post is fairly old, but i too am looking for a club.  Im in the lakewood, littleton area. is there one that is family friendly incase i need to bring my children? I am very new to homebrewing. I have a batch clarifying and my husband has a batch fermenting. both are our first brews. thank you.  ::)
Dont sweat the petty things. Pet the sweaty things

Offline dave_

• 1st Kit
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2013, 08:28:38 pm »
I am also looking for a Denver club. I like in Capitol hill so anything central would be best. Where are all you brewers at! Maybe I will look into starting my own...