Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Mobile, AL  (Read 4112 times)

Offline In The Sand

• Brewer
Mobile, AL
« on: July 11, 2013, 04:43:27 pm »
Any good pubs or taprooms here?
Trey W.

Offline deepsouth

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Brew Maison
Re: Mobile, AL
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 06:32:39 pm »
just wishing you luck.  i don't get over to mobile much, but i know they have a mellow mushroom.  will you just be in mobile?  pensacola has a couple good places. 
Hoppy Homebrewers of South Mississippi (est. 2009)

AHA# 196703

bottled:     white house honey ale

Offline In The Sand

• Brewer
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2013, 06:51:34 am »
Went to Loda Biergarten last night downtown. It used to be Hopjacks. They have a fairly large selection on tap and bottles. Not much in the way of IPAs though, which is what I was in the mood for.
Trey W.

Offline thebigbaker

• Brewmaster
  • Denver, CO
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2013, 08:28:39 am »
Not sure about pubs or tap rooms, but you have to stop by the Dew Drop Inn!

Edit:  Also, best BBQ in Bama' is the Brick Pit on Old Shell near the intersection of University.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 08:31:32 am by thebigbaker »
Jeremy Baker

"An escalator can never break: it can only become stairs. You should never see an Escalator Temporarily Out Of Order sign, just Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Offline deepsouth

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Brew Maison
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2013, 08:41:03 am »
Went to Loda Biergarten last night downtown. It used to be Hopjacks. They have a fairly large selection on tap and bottles. Not much in the way of IPAs though, which is what I was in the mood for.

i've seemed to notice that florida, alabama, louisiana, tennessee...all have only a few (if even that) ipas to choose from.  the best ipa i think i've had from a brewery in the south (of the ones that i have tried) was that abita spring ipa.  that was done quite nicely i thought.
Hoppy Homebrewers of South Mississippi (est. 2009)

AHA# 196703

bottled:     white house honey ale

Offline jeffy

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Tampa, Fl
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2013, 10:40:59 am »

i've seemed to notice that florida, alabama, louisiana, tennessee...all have only a few (if even that) ipas to choose from.  the best ipa i think i've had from a brewery in the south (of the ones that i have tried) was that abita spring ipa.  that was done quite nicely i thought.
Um, Florida has some pretty nice IPAs with Jai Alai, Big Nose, Old Elephant Foot to name a few.
Jeff Gladish, Tampa (989.3, 175.1 Apparent Rennarian)
Homebrewing since 1990
AHA member since 1991, now a lifetime member
BJCP judge since 1995