Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Red Ale Recipe Critique  (Read 4855 times)

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
Re: Red Ale Recipe Critique
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2013, 05:13:25 pm »
I got her really enjoying stouts, porters, and reds though... Miller lite now tastes like piss... So it's not a complete failure... She now considers herself a beer snob lol... Just nota hop snip haha
I'd settle for my wife liking stouts, porters, and reds in a heartbeat. That's what turned me into a damn fruit beer expert! The only non-fruit beers she'll drink are weizen, wit, and maybe saison. Baby steps !
Jon H.

Offline scottNU

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2013, 06:36:41 pm »
I got her really enjoying stouts, porters, and reds though... Miller lite now tastes like piss... So it's not a complete failure... She now considers herself a beer snob lol... Just nota hop snip haha
I'd settle for my wife liking stouts, porters, and reds in a heartbeat. That's what turned me into a damn fruit beer expert! The only non-fruit beers she'll drink are weizen, wit, and maybe saison. Baby steps !

That's the truth! Baby steps are progress. I never mind making up a batch for her taste as undoubtedly there will be some BMC drinkers that wander by and benefit from a palate opening experience. Good luck!

Offline fmader

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2013, 09:36:47 pm »
The brew day went well. I'm liking the color. Even though this isn't my favorite style, I'm lanxious to try it... It's something different, so the anticipation is there!
Frank

Offline gmac

• Brewmaster General
  • London, Ontario
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2013, 10:20:38 pm »
Saw this too late. For my Irish Red I only hop with 60 min hops to balance as I see it as a malty style. MO for sure and 004 will be great. Enjoy.