General Category > Beer Recipes

The Gargoyle

<< < (3/3)

fmader:
Yeah, I know Simcoe is potent, but it's one of my favorites. I'm not necessarily trying overpower anything. I'm trying to find the perfect late addition hop blend for me. Many people like the Simcoe and Amarillo combo. Though I think it's good, I like them both better away from each other.

fmader:
Tasted this today. It's very good, but strange. The first drink is overwhelming summit and its oniony flavor. The next drink I get slammed with a berry like taste that I'm assuming I'm getting from the mosaic. The Simcoe seems to be in the background, which never seems to be the case. I like it.

klickitat jim:
Hated simcoe first time I tried it. Loved it ever since.

fmader:

--- Quote from: klickitat jim on August 16, 2013, 09:01:51 PM ---Hated simcoe first time I tried it. Loved it ever since.

--- End quote ---

Simcoe is pretty much a staple in my IPAs. The flavor is definitely there, it's just sitting in the back seat.

hopfenundmalz:

--- Quote from: erockrph on July 11, 2013, 05:24:45 PM ---
--- Quote from: kramerog on July 11, 2013, 01:42:43 PM ---Simcoe is a high oil hop which means that the Simcoe aroma will tend to obliterate the Mosaic aroma unless Mosaic is also high oil.  If Mosaic isn't a high oil hop, the amount of Mosaic relative to Simcoe should be increased in the dry hop and possibly for 0 minute too.

--- End quote ---

Mosaic is just as oily as Simcoe, if not more so. It's like a super Simcoe with some extra fruitiness. It's a lot like crack, actually. *twitches* Pardon me while I go pour a brew...

--- End quote ---
Mosaic is a cross of Simcoe and Nugget. I sag it is like Simcoe with much less cat pee.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version