General Category > Beer Recipes

Lemon Wheat?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Jimmy K:

--- Quote from: fmader on July 12, 2013, 08:20:40 PM ---
--- Quote from: mtnrockhopper on July 12, 2013, 08:11:13 PM ---How lemony is that? Like witbier lemony or shady lemony. If you leg, you could always make a wheat beer and blend it with lemonade.

--- End quote ---

I've never had it. I have to try it next time I go over there. I want to say it's more witbier lemony as opposed to shandy lemony. I say this because last summer she drank a butt load of Summer Shandy. I heard her say last weekend that "that stuff is too sweet"

--- End quote ---

:: sigh of relief ::

fmader:

--- Quote from: mtnrockhopper on July 13, 2013, 03:56:20 AM ---
--- Quote from: fmader on July 12, 2013, 08:20:40 PM ---
--- Quote from: mtnrockhopper on July 12, 2013, 08:11:13 PM ---How lemony is that? Like witbier lemony or shady lemony. If you leg, you could always make a wheat beer and blend it with lemonade.

--- End quote ---

I've never had it. I have to try it next time I go over there. I want to say it's more witbier lemony as opposed to shandy lemony. I say this because last summer she drank a butt load of Summer Shandy. I heard her say last weekend that "that stuff is too sweet"

--- End quote ---

:: sigh of relief ::

--- End quote ---

Yeah no kidding. I still somewhat abide to the old man rule of not fruiting the beer lol. I'll add fruit to the mash, boil, or ferment the beer on top of fruit, but i try and avoid adding fruit to finished beer.

goschman:
I would go the zest route personally. About an oz at flameout for 5 gallons. Using some citrusy hops would help as well.

redbeerman:
I have made saisons in the past with citrus zest and it turns out great!  If you are going with lemon alone, for a five gallon batch I would use the zest of two to six lemons, depending on the character you want.  0.5 oz. of ground coriander added to the end of the boil will add a nice zing as well, alone or in addition to.

HoosierBrew:

--- Quote from: redbeerman on July 16, 2013, 05:00:24 AM ---I have made saisons in the past with citrus zest and it turns out great!  If you are going with lemon alone, for a five gallon batch I would use the zest of two to six lemons, depending on the character you want.  0.5 oz. of ground coriander added to the end of the boil will add a nice zing as well, alone or in addition to.

--- End quote ---
+1.  You could finish with some Sorachi Ace, to enhance the lemony aromas as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version