General Category > Kegging and Bottling

Natural carbed keg

(1/3) > >>

gymrat:
I recently tapped my first natural carbed keg. I used 3 oz sugar to 5 gallons of beer. It sat 6 weeks in my 68 degree man cave. First off it was over carbonated so I pulled on the relief valve and let it repressurize to my serving pressure. Now it pours good. But the head dissipates too quickly and there is no lacing. It tastes good and it tastes fully carbonated. All in all I think I will stick with force carbonating.

durschad:
I've also noticed when priming a keg vs force carbing the head formation/retention is lacking.  Anyone have any ideas on why this might be?

reverseapachemaster:
You would think it would be the same as bottle carbonation since it's the same process. Curious to see what answers you get.

gymrat:

--- Quote from: reverseapachemaster on July 13, 2013, 08:42:49 AM ---You would think it would be the same as bottle carbonation since it's the same process. Curious to see what answers you get.

--- End quote ---

This is what I thought too. It was nice putting my keg in the fridge and having it ready to serve the next day. I don't get what is happening to the head retention though.

euge:
I think it is just coincidence and would look elsewhere for the head retention issue. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version