General Category > Equipment and Software

Outdoor Gas Cooker

(1/3) > >>

jrp5u:
My husband and I have been brewing on our electric stove and we find that it is so inconsistent and takes so long. I was looking in to buying a Bayou Classic SP10 High-Pressure Outdoor Gas Cooker, Propane.
Any thoughts or suggestions?

morticaixavier:

--- Quote from: jrp5u on July 15, 2013, 02:37:03 PM ---My husband and I have been brewing on our electric stove and we find that it is so inconsistent and takes so long. I was looking in to buying a Bayou Classic SP10 High-Pressure Outdoor Gas Cooker, Propane.

--- End quote ---

I have the SQ10 and am quite fond of it. I wish mine had a wind guard around the burner and it looks like the newer models do so that's good. I like the SQ over the SP because the square platform makes the kettle seem more stable to me. This could well be imagination though so... grain of salt and all that.

Some folks on here have been raving about the blichmann burner of late. I believe it's more expensive but something to think about.

klickitat jim:
I use a Camp Chef Explorer
Has two burners, wind shield, sturdy. Handles two 14 gallon pots no problem

In The Sand:

--- Quote from: jrp5u on July 15, 2013, 02:37:03 PM ---My husband and I have been brewing on our electric stove and we find that it is so inconsistent and takes so long. I was looking in to buying a Bayou Classic SP10 High-Pressure Outdoor Gas Cooker, Propane.

--- End quote ---

This is the burner I've been using for a year. I love it. Just bought a Blichmann so now I have the Bayou for HLT and I'll use the new one for BK.

theDarkSide:
I have the SP10 with the wind guard but it doesn't do much.  I'll wrap heavy duty tin foil around it to help block the wind.  I've been using it for about 5 years and it works well.

I am currently looking into getting a blichmann floor burner.  From most of the talk I've heard, they are wind-resistant and use less propane per batch.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version