General Category > Equipment and Software

Outdoor Gas Cooker

<< < (3/3)

BrewArk:

--- Quote from: theDarkSide on July 16, 2013, 12:16:42 PM ---I have the SP10 with the wind guard but it doesn't do much.  I'll wrap heavy duty tin foil around it to help block the wind.  I've been using it for about 5 years and it works well.

I am currently looking into getting a blichmann floor burner.  From most of the talk I've heard, they are wind-resistant and use less propane per batch.

--- End quote ---

Wind resistance isn't the big advantage of the Blichmann.  For me, the stainless steel not rusting and the quiet were the the big things that I noted when I switched. 

reverseapachemaster:
I have the SP10. Works fine for my 5-6 gallon brews.

garymarybv:

--- Quote from: klickitat jim on July 15, 2013, 10:35:43 PM ---I use a Camp Chef Explorer
Has two burners, wind shield, sturdy. Handles two 14 gallon pots no problem

--- End quote ---

I was looking at the Camp Chef to replace my patio gas grill and an old coleman camp stove. Do the 30,000 btu burners have enough output to boil that 5 gallon batch fast enough? Currently my wife and I boil on a gas stove in the kitchen and would like something outside. The multi purpose Camp Chef looks like it would work well if 30,000 btu is enough.
Gary

klickitat jim:
I do 5 gal batches that start out 7 gallon. From mashout temp to boil in about 15-20 min.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version