Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: WY3724 How long does this take?  (Read 13403 times)

Offline duboman

• Senior Brewmaster
WY3724 How long does this take?
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2013, 06:02:49 am »

How much yeast did you pitch? Do you make a starter? I believe that under pitching can lead to slow an/or stuck fermentations.

Please see First post;)

Proper starter of healthy fresh yeast was pitched and well aerated wort as well as temperature control of fermentation and still going...
Peace....Love......Beer......

The Commune Brewing Company-Perfecting the craft of beer since 2010

Offline AmandaK

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Redbird Brewhouse
Re: Re: WY3724 How long does this take?
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2013, 07:28:14 am »
Thanks Amanda!
You beat me to it, I was planning on emailing them later today as well. They are great over there, I have spoken with Jess before and their customer service is terrific!

Both Wyeast and White Labs have the best customer service people. We are lucky to have them!
Amanda Burkemper
KC Bier Meisters Lifetime Member - KCBM 3x AHA Club of the Year!!
BJCP Assistant (to the) Midwest Rep
BJCP Grand Master/Mead/Cider

Our Homebrewed Wedding, AHA Article

Offline duboman

• Senior Brewmaster
WY3724 How long does this take?
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2013, 02:19:59 pm »
Update:
Just took a gravity and we have Plummeted down to 1.004! Wow!

Gonna give it a couple days, read again and then crash it clear-cant wait, smells and tastes amazing!
Peace....Love......Beer......

The Commune Brewing Company-Perfecting the craft of beer since 2010

Offline AmandaK

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Redbird Brewhouse
Re: WY3724 How long does this take?
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2013, 09:22:47 am »
An update on my Belgian Saison experiences...

I had mentioned that I was going to do WY3724 at 90* and see what happened, but I end up getting a fresh dump of WLP565 from a friend to rebrew the Nelson Sauvin Saison. First impressions... I'm confused, I thought these were the same yeasts??

WLP565 finished to 1.006 in 8 days from 1.048. Eight days?? I started at 72 and then took it to 80 after 2 days, then after 2 more days, set it at 85 and walked away. I was just checking progress at 8 days and couldn't believe it was finished.

Are these not the same yeasts? I've always been told they were both from Dupont. But tasting this sample, it seems that WLP565 is more spicy than WY3724, which I perceive as fruitier.
Amanda Burkemper
KC Bier Meisters Lifetime Member - KCBM 3x AHA Club of the Year!!
BJCP Assistant (to the) Midwest Rep
BJCP Grand Master/Mead/Cider

Our Homebrewed Wedding, AHA Article

Offline jackhorzempa

• 1st Kit
Re: WY3724 How long does this take?
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2013, 01:04:23 pm »
Amanda, in correspondence with Drew Beechum (who is very knowledgeable on Saisons) he shared with me that Wyeast 3724 and WLP565 are not identical yeast strains. It has been reported that they are two different strains that are used in the brewing of Saison Dupont. Below is what Drew stated:

“The story about 565/3724 being two parts of a whole has been told to me by several people with letters after their names that are close to the matter.”

Cheers!

Jack