General Category > Equipment and Software

Cool trick

<< < (2/3) > >>

klickitat jim:
I know, right? I'm wondering what cool steel thing around the house needs copper plating next. By the way, it stays put. The pic is after trying to scrub it off with scotch brite

james:

--- Quote from: klickitat jim on July 16, 2013, 08:34:01 PM ---I know you can boil it, but it's only an ounce of starsan, plus I use a hop spider and I'm not good at juggling 212° wet things while drinking homebrew. Plus it's the only way I know to copper plate cheap tools lol!

--- End quote ---

Back when I used an immersion chiller and something like a hop spider I would just put the chiller in before the 1st hop addition and leave it in the whole time

redbeerman:

--- Quote from: klickitat jim on July 16, 2013, 08:55:06 PM ---I know, right? I'm wondering what cool steel thing around the house needs copper plating next. By the way, it stays put. The pic is after trying to scrub it off with scotch brite

--- End quote ---

It's taking the copper from your plate chiller though.  Probably not a good idea to let it soak in Star-San. Just sayin.

euge:
Cool!

I use starsan on my IC. I like to drop it in after flameout instead of 5-10 minutes prior. I'm not letting the IC soak in the starsan however- I'm looking for about a minute contact time and then into the wort.

Joe Sr.:

--- Quote from: euge on July 17, 2013, 05:53:55 AM ---Cool!

I use starsan on my IC. I like to drop it in after flameout instead of 5-10 minutes prior. I'm not letting the IC soak in the starsan however- I'm looking for about a minute contact time and then into the wort.

--- End quote ---

I do exactly as Euge does.  The wort is still hot, but not boiling.  A quick dip in star san and then into the pot.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version