Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Shipment from More Beer  (Read 2195 times)

Offline mainebrewer

• Brewmaster
Re: Shipment from More Beer
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2019, 02:05:17 pm »
I've had nothing but good experiences with MoreBeer over the past 15 years. And given my location in northern New England, their new warehouse in PA has really increased the speed of shipment arrivals.
"It's not that people are ignorant, it's just that they know so much that just isn't true." Ronald Reagan

Offline Visor

• Brewmaster
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2019, 02:09:51 pm »
   I've had a number of mispicks from MB, but no more frequently than any other outfit and MB has always been very good about correcting their mistakes. A couple times they've mistakenly sent me an extra bag of grain or something I didn't order, I always inform them when this happens cuz I don't want to mess up my beer karma, they always say just keep it.
    As someone else previously stated, MB in my mind is a great model of what an online retailer should be - which makes me worry that they will be purchased by some big outfit and systematically ruined.
I spent most of my money on beer, tools and guns, the rest I foolishly squandered on stupid stuff!

Offline AzBruin

• Cellarman
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2019, 07:38:53 am »
   I've had a number of mispicks from MB, but no more frequently than any other outfit and MB has always been very good about correcting their mistakes. A couple times they've mistakenly sent me an extra bag of grain or something I didn't order, I always inform them when this happens cuz I don't want to mess up my beer karma, they always say just keep it.
    As someone else previously stated, MB in my mind is a great model of what an online retailer should be - which makes me worry that they will be purchased by some big outfit and systematically ruined.

Yup, AB is on the prowl!

Offline JT

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Bloatarian Brewing League - Cincinnati, OH
    • Bloatarian Brewing League
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2019, 08:52:40 am »
My latest ordering experience.
Ordered 4 of the AEB Italy kegs.  I have 7 already, very expensive but SUPER nice and should last forever.
I was not amused by what I received.  New kegs should be en route, but I'll likely miss a spund window on my Pils. Oh well, mistakes happen.

Offline tommymorris

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2019, 09:05:02 am »
My latest ordering experience.
Ordered 4 of the AEB Italy kegs.  I have 7 already, very expensive but SUPER nice and should last forever.
I was not amused by what I received.  New kegs should be en route, but I'll likely miss a spund window on my Pils. Oh well, mistakes happen.
Those look nasty.

Offline Robert

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2019, 09:50:07 am »
The state of the remaining original cornies left in the wild is getting pretty grim.  But I've never seen anyone sell them like that.  LHBS doesn't address the insides, but they at least seem to hose down the outsides.
Rob Stein
Akron, Ohio

I'd rather have questions I can't answer than answers I can't question.

Offline JT

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2019, 10:18:02 am »
I ordered used cornies from them once.  Immediately sent them back, purchased AEB Italy kegs and haven't looked back.  The used kegs I ordered from them years ago were in similar shape. 
Just checked the tracking, looks like they're shipping the replacements from CA instead of PA, so I'll miss the spund on both my Pils and Märzen.  Bummer.

Offline narcout

• Brewmaster General
  • Los Angeles, CA
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2019, 01:31:46 pm »
I will never buy used corny kegs again.  They can be such a pain in the ass.  I just sold almost all of my old ones and replaced them with brand new kegs.
Sometimes you just can't get enough - JAMC

Offline JT

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2019, 04:59:36 pm »
I will never buy used corny kegs again.  They can be such a pain in the ass.  I just sold almost all of my old ones and replaced them with brand new kegs.
Yep.  Well worth the extra $$

Offline Bilsch

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2019, 08:27:16 pm »
AEB's are great and also torpedo kegs are a good value for the dollar.