General Category > Zymurgy

Shipping Woes...need a good alternative

(1/4) > >>

dglucasii:
In the Dear Zymurgy section of this month's journal, one of the writers talks about shipping with UPS or FedEx and using the identifier for what he is shipping as "yeast samples packed in glass".  Looking on the FedEx website, they list under Prohibited Items that "Biological Products."  Question: What's a good alternative identifier for my "product?"

duboman:
I state contents as "Glassware" and never have a problem.

Honestly in most cases it's never even asked. If you set up and account you can actually fill out your shipping info on line and directly print your label. Then all you do is drop off your package and they don't even ask you anything:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

klickitat jim:
More Beer ships yeast via FedEx

hokerer:

--- Quote from: duboman on July 21, 2013, 06:46:37 AM ---Honestly in most cases it's never even asked. If you set up and account you can actually fill out your shipping info on line and directly print your label. Then all you do is drop off your package and they don't even ask you anything:)

--- End quote ---

Seriously, this is the exact way to do it.  Don't have to lie and no questions asked.

dglucasii:

--- Quote from: duboman on July 21, 2013, 06:46:37 AM ---I state contents as "Glassware" and never have a problem.

Honestly in most cases it's never even asked. If you set up and account you can actually fill out your shipping info on line and directly print your label. Then all you do is drop off your package and they don't even ask you anything:)

--- End quote ---

Will do...makes the most sense.
Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version