Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Bottle Capper  (Read 1999 times)

Offline jrp5u

• 1st Kit
Bottle Capper
« on: July 18, 2013, 03:48:06 pm »
We currently have the standard bottle capper that comes with most brewing kits. Do any of you have any suggestions for another type? Ours works fine but would kind of like one that is a little faster...

Offline svejk

• Assistant Brewer
  • Seattle, Wa
Re: Bottle Capper
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 03:59:26 pm »
I have the smaller Colonna Capper and it has served me well for quite a few years.  If I ever decide that I'd like to cork the occasional bottle, I would probably upgrade to this one since it can used for both caps and corks:

http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/colonna-capper-corker.html

Offline Joe Sr.

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Chicago - NORTH SIDE
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 05:31:49 pm »
Even though I keg mostly these days, I've been using the standard capper for 20 years.  Still have my original and find that it works just fine.
It's all in the reflexes. - Jack Burton

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 05:54:26 pm »
While my trusty old wing-capper works just fine I think the Colonna capper's versatility is a deal closer. Caps and corks! Woohooo!

Seriously thinking about getting one of these.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline gymrat

• Brewmaster
  • Ralph's Brewery
Ralph's Brewery
Topeka, KS

Offline Jimmy K

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Delaware
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2013, 06:28:41 am »
I have to colonna capper and like it. The bench capper gymrat mentioned has easier height adjustment - good if you often fill different size bottles. The larger colonna capper has an adapter for champagne corks.
Delmarva United Homebrewers - President by inverse coup - former president ousted himself.
AHA Member since 2006
BJCP Certified: B0958