General Category > Equipment and Software

Keggle not kegel

(1/6) > >>

kentro8115:
I'm looking into the benefits/limitations of utilizing a Keggle for my brew pot needs. Currently using a 10 gallon steel pot that is very difficult to lift and mobilize when full. I'd appreciate any information on the benefits or limits of this apparatus and recommendations on how to acquire or make one. Thanks all

Live long and propagate. 

Jimmy K:
Nothing with 80 lbs of liquid is easy or safe to move when full. The better solution is to make changes so you don't have to move it.

hopfenundmalz:

--- Quote from: mtnrockhopper on July 24, 2013, 05:26:06 AM ---Nothing with 80 lbs of liquid is easy or safe to move when full. The better solution is to make changes so you don't have to move it.

--- End quote ---
With boiling hot liquid, more so.

To address the original question, use a tiered stand and gravity to transfer the liquid. The more costly solution is a pump(s) to move the liquid on a single level set up.

In The Sand:

--- Quote from: hopfenundmalz on July 24, 2013, 05:58:50 AM ---
--- Quote from: mtnrockhopper on July 24, 2013, 05:26:06 AM ---Nothing with 80 lbs of liquid is easy or safe to move when full. The better solution is to make changes so you don't have to move it.

--- End quote ---
With boiling hot liquid, more so.

To address the original question, use a tiered stand and gravity to transfer the liquid. The more costly solution is a pump(s) to move the liquid on a single level set up.

--- End quote ---

+1

Jimmy K:
Before I had a tiered stand, I would drain my mash tun into buckets and pour them into the kettle to break it into smaller volumes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version