Other than Brewing > All Things Food

BBQ Style

<< < (452/480) > >>

phillamb168:
Did my first cold-smoked sausage (cajun andouille) last week. Was nervous about eating it despite the use of pink salt. So far, so good, no botulism poisoning! Will do again. Next up is a pepperoni.

bluesman:

--- Quote from: phillamb168 on February 04, 2013, 05:24:17 AM ---Did my first cold-smoked sausage (cajun andouille) last week. Was nervous about eating it despite the use of pink salt. So far, so good, no botulism poisoning! Will do again. Next up is a pepperoni.

--- End quote ---

Nice!

What was your recipe/process detail for andouille...and pic.  :)

Pepperoni is a favorite of mine.

phillamb168:

--- Quote from: bluesman on February 04, 2013, 07:45:13 AM ---
--- Quote from: phillamb168 on February 04, 2013, 05:24:17 AM ---Did my first cold-smoked sausage (cajun andouille) last week. Was nervous about eating it despite the use of pink salt. So far, so good, no botulism poisoning! Will do again. Next up is a pepperoni.

--- End quote ---

Nice!

--- End quote ---

Ruhlman Chapter 23 verses 15-30

J/k... will post when I get home. It's the cold-smoked andouille from Charcuterie.

bluesman:

--- Quote from: phillamb168 on February 04, 2013, 09:38:35 AM ---
--- Quote from: bluesman on February 04, 2013, 07:45:13 AM ---

--- End quote ---

Nice!

--- End quote ---

Ruhlman Chapter 23 verses 15-30

J/k... will post when I get home. It's the cold-smoked andouille from Charcuterie.

--- End quote ---

:)

euge:

--- End quote ---

How many days did you hang the sausage after smoking?

The salt #1 I think is excellent and very safe for the short term but if you want to go for weeks or months then one should use the #2 formulation.

When I get the time I'm gonna do some fermented sausages. Happen to be very fond of the Spanish-style dried chorizo!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version