Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Good old days  (Read 4364 times)

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
Re: Good old days
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2013, 04:03:27 pm »

I'd probably get the largest amount and the watch my fellow drinker like a hawk to be sure they didn't start drinking into my share. ;D As far as the OP I've thought of this and now just pull everything out of the case, boxes whatever and fill the shelf/door up in the fridge. No worries about consumption because once I drink six or so the desire to drink fades. Usually. ::)
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline chumley

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2013, 08:27:22 pm »
Having had a roommate who went to Penn State, the case of 24 7-ounce Rolling Rock Beers served at a certain bar is such an anomaly from the real world, you should develop arguments on real world topics, of which they are plenty of them to debate.

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2013, 07:22:13 am »
Having had a roommate who went to Penn State, the case of 24 7-ounce Rolling Rock Beers served at a certain bar is such an anomaly from the real world, you should develop arguments on real world topics, of which they are plenty of them to debate.

Yep. Used to get a "bucket of ponies", 7 oz Rolling Rocks in a metal bucket of ice to share with friends. Those were some fun times. And regardless of whatever beer snobbery BS I may now presume, those ice cold 7 oz bottles of RR were delicious.

Offline corkybstewart

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2013, 12:35:18 pm »

Yep. Used to get a "bucket of ponies", 7 oz Rolling Rocks in a metal bucket of ice to share with friends. Those were some fun times. And regardless of whatever beer snobbery BS I may now presume, those ice cold 7 oz bottles of RR were delicious.
For us it was 8 packs of Miller High Life ponies when we were feeling rich.
Life is wonderful in sunny White Signal New Mexico

Offline 1vertical

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Ozone Layer. Actual location
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2013, 11:40:49 pm »
Daym, I remember putting a keg in the trunk on ice in a half bbl....fishing the
cobra tap up thru the back seat in the ole chev and cruzing and boozin....YEAH, IT
WAS NOT ILLEGAL..... :o
A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.

Offline corkybstewart

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2013, 10:17:29 pm »
Daym, I remember putting a keg in the trunk on ice in a half bbl....fishing the
cobra tap up thru the back seat in the ole chev and cruzing and boozin....YEAH, IT
WAS NOT ILLEGAL..... :o
My 2 roommates took off from Las Vegas NM with the last half of the second keg from their graduation party.  They called me the next afternoon from New Lenox IL, they were home but the keg was empty.  They had put it on the floor of the back seat  and run the picnic line to the front.  I DO NOT COMMEND THEM FOR THEIR BEHAVIOR, but 2 weeks later they were back and turned the empty in for the deposit.
Things were different 30 years ago.
Life is wonderful in sunny White Signal New Mexico