Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: I like>>>>  (Read 3360 times)

Offline 1vertical

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Ozone Layer. Actual location
I like>>>>
« on: July 27, 2013, 01:39:48 pm »

« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 01:43:41 pm by 1vertical »
A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.

Offline punatic

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
Re: I like>>>>
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2013, 05:49:13 pm »
Shuh...  Dude!

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2013, 06:16:23 am »
I like turtles!

No really...
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2013, 07:33:07 am »
I've seen a lot more turtles this year than the last several years. Always enjoy encountering them on my hikes. I like seeing snakes, too. Almost stepped on a huge rattler last year. Like seeing them, don't want to step on one. Truth.

Edit: As if on cue just got back from walking the dogs and saw another turtle this morning. Box turtle crossing the road.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 08:15:42 am by majorvices »

Offline 1vertical

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Ozone Layer. Actual location
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2013, 12:07:56 pm »
I've seen a lot more turtles this year than the last several years. Always enjoy encountering them on my hikes. I like seeing snakes, too. Almost stepped on a huge rattler last year. Like seeing them, don't want to step on one. Truth.

Edit: As if on cue just got back from walking the dogs and saw another turtle this morning. Box turtle crossing the road.
I don't mind snakes either long as I see them first.  I would love to have a canebrake rattler hide.
A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.

Offline punatic

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2013, 01:58:59 pm »
Lots of honu (sea turtles) here.  No land turtles and no snakes.

Back in my younger days in Central Florida I used to catch snakes and sell them to Reptile World serpentarium for beer money.  I carried a pillowcase and a snake stick (a hoe with the blade removed but the hook left on) in the toolbox on my pickup.  When I saw a rattler crossing the road I didn't see a rattler crossing the road, I saw a case of beer crossing the road.

Didn't like messin' with moccasins much though.  They're meaner than tiger spit and got a real nasty bite to em too.

It's weird living someplace with no snakes.  Been here going on ten years now and still haven't quite got used to it yet.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline narcout

• Brewmaster General
  • Los Angeles, CA
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2013, 07:17:13 pm »
Lots of honu (sea turtles) here.

I just came back from a week on the Big Island, and we definitely saw some turtles.

Sometimes you just can't get enough - JAMC

Offline thebigbaker

• Brewmaster
  • Denver, CO
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2013, 07:49:08 pm »
It never gets old seeing turtles in Hawaii!  Here's a link to a video from our Maui trip this past January.  We have dozens of turtle encounters on video so I wasn't going to video this turtle encounter while snorkeling off Black Rock, Ka'anapali Beach.  Yet the Humpbacks songs were very loud that morning, so I took this video just to see if it would capture the Humpback songs.  Like turtles, Humpback sightings never get old!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTgsV-Hsspw&feature=youtu.be
Jeremy Baker

"An escalator can never break: it can only become stairs. You should never see an Escalator Temporarily Out Of Order sign, just Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Offline punatic

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2013, 12:42:51 am »
Cool video TBB!

The honu was thinking, 'How's a guy supposed to get an afternoon nap in with them damn humpbacks wailing away all the time?!'  8)

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline thebigbaker

• Brewmaster
  • Denver, CO
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2013, 09:49:04 am »
Cool video TBB!

The honu was thinking, 'How's a guy supposed to get an afternoon nap in with them damn humpbacks wailing away all the time?!'  8)

You just may be right!  It may just be me, but when it's peak humpback season, there seems to be less dolphins in the area.  They probably took off for waters that are quieter and less crowded!
Jeremy Baker

"An escalator can never break: it can only become stairs. You should never see an Escalator Temporarily Out Of Order sign, just Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

narvin

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2013, 10:07:45 am »