Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: equipment for sale due to passing of owner  (Read 1679 times)

Offline rgallagher

• 1st Kit
equipment for sale due to passing of owner
« on: August 04, 2013, 08:45:53 pm »
My younger brother, 48yo, passed away last month. he was into home brewing beer, wine, and mead. neither myself nor my brother or sister have an interest in his setup. My mom has agreed we need to sell the set up. We have idea where to start or how much it is worth. There are two chest freezer, numerous glass jugs, flip top bottles, two gas type canisters with hookups, a box of assorted equipment, and several metal canisters similar o what soda machines use to hook up soda syrup to co2 and the soda machine. I would appreciate if anyone could give us some direction on maybe where to start to sell this setup.
I can be reached at rgallagher at wisd dot org. we live in Ennis, TX just south of Dallas.  Thank you..Robert

Offline micah h

• Cellarman
Re: equipment for sale due to passing of owner
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 09:27:47 pm »
Sorry to hear about your loss. Maybe adding pic's of the equipment will help people identify and possibly price your brothers equipment.

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 09:37:27 pm »
Agreed, very sorry for your loss.

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Derry, NH
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2013, 06:42:47 am »
Sorry for your loss.

The forums are a good place to start.  You could also inquire at a local homebrew club.  Here is a link for the AHA Homebrew clubs, so you can see what's near by.

http://www.homebrewersassociation.org/pages/directories/find-a-club

Craigslist is also a popular place to list since many homebrewers are always watching it for equipment to go on sale.
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------