Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: GABF Sold OUT?!?  (Read 2086 times)

Offline suprchunk

• 1st Kit
GABF Sold OUT?!?
« on: July 30, 2013, 05:50:56 pm »
Trying to get some tickets after I get home from work. As normal people do go to work. I thought. But how are there a limited amount of tickets for the actual members of BA and AHA? And there will still be a General Public sale going on? That sounds a bit ludicrous. And really giving it to the members, and not in a good way.

Tie these tickets to the AHA Member. General public can scalp all they want. This is really a pathetic showing by members. And they should really be ashamed of themselves for buying tickets expressly to sale or trade them away for beer. I've seen more than a couple people post pre-trades for these.

Offline Poobah58

• Assistant Brewer
Re: GABF Sold OUT?!?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 05:53:50 pm »
From what I've been reading I'm not convinced that everyone that bought tickets were AHA members!
You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning!

Offline suprchunk

• 1st Kit
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 06:00:17 pm »
From what I've been reading I'm not convinced that everyone that bought tickets were AHA members!
Even sadder then. What's the point of having a members ONLY sale, if we can't even buy them? They should sale these early to members, if the members choose, and send them out. It's not like it's a surprise where and when the GABF will be.

Offline j_piper

• 1st Kit
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 10:31:42 pm »
Yeah,  if you check Stub Hub and Craigs List, you will find all the tickets, multiple hundreds on sale for each session.  I am pretty sure they are not AHA members and I am pretty sure the whole 2 tickets per number system didn't work at all. 

Ticket master came through again, crappy security and a dumb system leads to the "members only " tickets on sale for up to $300.00 on stub hub.

Great job AHA and TM