Other than Brewing > The Pub

Oktoberfest planning

<< < (2/3) > >>

phillamb168:

--- Quote from: kylekohlmorgen on August 06, 2013, 09:14:57 PM ---My German family holidays always had roasted whole animal (venison, in our case), rot kohl, spaetzle, lots of fried stuff, and white/red kraut.

All would be nice w German lager.

Spit roasted pig, kraut, potatoes, and Marzen sound like a hell of an OFest!

--- End quote ---

I like the idea of a spit roast. Does the skin get nice and crispy when you do that?

Leos you are most welcome to come. Also you might be interested, I have a Czech Bluegrass band coming for my July 4th party (gmband.cz) if you want to make it out for that & hang out with some of your countrymen :)

theoman:
Spaghetti ice cream! I just learned about this stuff. I guess it's a big deal in Germany. Basically it's ice cream put through a spatzle press with strawberry topping and something creative for meatballs (I've heard Fererro Rocher works well).
https://www.google.be/search?q=spaghetti+eis&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=aXwTUuaMKIag0QWc5IFw&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1414&bih=734

morticaixavier:

--- Quote from: theoman on August 20, 2013, 07:26:19 AM ---Spaghetti ice cream! I just learned about this stuff. I guess it's a big deal in Germany. Basically it's ice cream put through a spatzle press with strawberry topping and something creative for meatballs (I've heard Fererro Rocher works well).
https://www.google.be/search?q=spaghetti+eis&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=aXwTUuaMKIag0QWc5IFw&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1414&bih=734

--- End quote ---

hilarious. and also a little disgusting.

redbeerman:

--- Quote from: phillamb168 on August 06, 2013, 09:03:19 AM ---Woah, that wild boar + lingonberry wurst sounds pretty awesome, care to share the recipe?

Probably not smoking the schweinshaxe actually - is that the way you've done it in the past? I really want that crispy skin; I have heard that the best possible way to do it is rotisserie, however I don't know how to make my BGE do rotisserie, so I may actually end up renting a rotisserie - we're expecting ~100 people so I'll need something that can handle the crowd :)

--- End quote ---

I got the wild boar sausage at a wild game butcher at the Italian market in Philly.  The German place up the road form me smokes their schweinshaxe.  It's really good!  I don't think they do it low and slow though, the skin is very crispy.  Could be a two stage process as well.

chumley:
I would kill for a good crispy skin schweinshaxe recipe.  Anyone got one?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version