Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Question to the kids about how to use the facebooks  (Read 3671 times)

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
Re: Question to the kids about how to use the facebooks
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2013, 05:57:55 am »

God I hate the facebooks already.

I thought you always hated them...is this a business decision?

My family would really be happy if I also came down off my high horse
and became a status updater.

I kinda got forced into it to keep up with our YH page and everyone wanting the brewer to have a page. And I had to follow the lemmings because I was missing out on invites to events. Plus I reconnected with some old friends I haven't talked to in 25 years. So mostly a positive experience. I post on it once or twice a week. Kinda fun, actually. That said, I already have 100+ friends and I don't see how people keep up with the news feed unless they spend hours on there every day. And those that have500+ friends, no idea how they keep up unless they are on 24/7.

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2013, 05:59:03 am »
Twitter

YH has had a twitter account for quite a while. I believe it is @ Yellowhammer ale - all one word.

Offline brewmichigan

• Brewer
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2013, 06:56:20 am »
In my opinion, facebook and twitter have revolutionized the local business. When I'm in a town like Grand Rapids I check out twitter and facebook for those breweries to see what they might have on tonight or maybe they've just tapped something special. Not having at least a facebook page sets you behind everyone else so I'm glad to see you're keeping it up to date.
Mike --- Flint, Michigan

Offline duboman

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2013, 07:12:10 am »
Face Book is a huge tool for businesses today! Glad to see you jumped on and I liked your page! I get all my brewery news form FB and love it. I find out about all the special events and offerings, beer festivals, brewery schedules etc. as already mentioned, when traveling I look up local pubs/breweries to find out what's going on as well.

For the brewery it is easy to create an event and send it out to all those that have liked your page, people then share these events and word spreads rapidly. I can also find out about collaborations that are taking place between breweries, seasonal brews and pictures are always fun to see as well.

I know some breweries that have one person that does nothing but manage social media on staff to handle daily postings, replies to inquiries, posting pictures and linking blogs/twitter feeds and anything else that will drive business their way.
Peace....Love......Beer......

The Commune Brewing Company-Perfecting the craft of beer since 2010