Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Kitchen re-do  (Read 18133 times)

Offline MDixon

• Brewmaster General
Re: Kitchen re-do
« Reply #75 on: August 30, 2013, 10:58:30 am »
I don't think it can be done easily with a standard fridge.

I did a search on a large appliance site and came up with a few around $2500-3000 + panels. That's a bunch of money IMO to spend just to not see a fridge front.
It's not a popularity contest, it's beer!

Offline corkybstewart

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #76 on: August 30, 2013, 10:13:39 pm »
I'm probably a little late but here's my $.02 on wood floors in the kitchen.  We just remodeled our kitchen  including new wood floors, almost identical to what you're considering, but I would do it different next time.  The wood floors look magnificent, but every time I wash veggies or do dishes I spill a little water on the floor.  Whether it's justified or not I drop what I'm doing and mop up the spill.  When we had tile in the kitchen I never even gave a few drops of water a second thought.
Life is wonderful in sunny White Signal New Mexico

Offline phillamb168

• Brewmaster General
  • Lardy, France
    • My Job
« Reply #77 on: September 02, 2013, 02:46:21 am »
I'm probably a little late but here's my $.02 on wood floors in the kitchen.  We just remodeled our kitchen  including new wood floors, almost identical to what you're considering, but I would do it different next time.  The wood floors look magnificent, but every time I wash veggies or do dishes I spill a little water on the floor.  Whether it's justified or not I drop what I'm doing and mop up the spill.  When we had tile in the kitchen I never even gave a few drops of water a second thought.

What sort of finish did your floors come with? We are looking at a laquered finish... Did you do plywood-backed, or solid wood?
I'm on twitter: phillamb168
----
morticaixavier for governing committee!