Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: opinions on which conical is better solicited  (Read 8171 times)

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
Re: opinions on which conical is better solicited
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2013, 05:04:28 pm »
I'll bet that's true. I'm not anti conical. I'm just not seeing enough reason to switch

Offline gymrat

• Brewmaster
  • Ralph's Brewery
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2013, 06:16:37 pm »
I decided to switch when I read about pushing the beer out with CO2. This will eliminate lifting a bottling bucket. I am an old decrepid gymrat who has had 3 hernia surgeries and is going in for a new hip in October. I eliminated a lot of lifting with a hydraulic jack table and this, I am hoping, will eliminate the rest of it.
Ralph's Brewery
Topeka, KS

Offline gmac

• Brewmaster General
  • London, Ontario
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2013, 09:56:27 pm »
I decided to switch when I read about pushing the beer out with CO2. This will eliminate lifting a bottling bucket. I am an old decrepid gymrat who has had 3 hernia surgeries and is going in for a new hip in October. I eliminated a lot of lifting with a hydraulic jack table and this, I am hoping, will eliminate the rest of it.
Get a home forklift.

I have a bunch of buckets but I've had infections issues and I'm sick of moving them around etc which is why I'm looking at conicals. I want to get to 1/2 barrel batches of my common brews and I'm not looking forward to moving all those buckets around. I really want to add a filter system and the ability to move beer under pressure is appealing.   

Offline gymrat

• Brewmaster
  • Ralph's Brewery
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2013, 11:19:38 pm »
Get a home forklift.

I have a bunch of buckets but I've had infections issues and I'm sick of moving them around etc which is why I'm looking at conicals. I want to get to 1/2 barrel batches of my common brews and I'm not looking forward to moving all those buckets around. I really want to add a filter system and the ability to move beer under pressure is appealing.

This looks right up your alley http://brewhemoth.com/tri-clover-brewhemoth
Ralph's Brewery
Topeka, KS

Offline james

• Brewer
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2013, 12:14:10 am »
Get a home forklift.

I've got a pair of the brewhemoth conicals that I like, but before I had them I would ferment in 1/2bbl sanke kegs with stem removed.  Put sanitized empty keg in chest freezer, pump wort in, ferment, then use co2 to push out.