Other than Brewing > The Pub

The dangers of dumb-assery

<< < (5/5)

reverseapachemaster:

--- Quote from: narvin on August 20, 2013, 11:20:01 AM ---
--- Quote from: tonyp on August 20, 2013, 10:52:47 AM ---
--- Quote ---I’m not a beermaker and have zero science background (alas) but even I could tell that her claims and charges were nonsense.
--- End quote ---

I stopped reading right after this sentence. :/

--- End quote ---

If you kept reading, you'd find out that she proceeded to interview head brewers about ingredient use.

--- End quote ---

Plus one homebrewer who spreads a lot of bad information himself. Probably fair to call him the "Food Babe" of homebrewing.

james:

--- Quote from: hopfenundmalz on August 20, 2013, 06:30:22 PM ---
A fun fact. It has been OK for Catholics around the Downriver Detroit area and places like Monroe Mi to eat Muskrat during lent. Since they spend their life in the water, they were decreed to be fish. The stories are in the  local papers every few years.

--- End quote ---

It's true.  I grew up Downriver and could never stomach the skrat.  If you don't get in early in the day most places that serve it run out.

cornershot:

--- Quote from: james on August 21, 2013, 09:09:25 AM ---
--- Quote from: hopfenundmalz on August 20, 2013, 06:30:22 PM ---
A fun fact. It has been OK for Catholics around the Downriver Detroit area and places like Monroe Mi to eat Muskrat during lent. Since they spend their life in the water, they were decreed to be fish. The stories are in the  local papers every few years.

--- End quote ---

It's true.  I grew up Downriver and could never stomach the skrat.  If you don't get in early in the day most places that serve it run out.

--- End quote ---

I bet you gotta get there early to get the anal glands!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version