Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Custom Belgian Wire Hoods  (Read 3389 times)

Offline AmandaK

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Redbird Brewhouse
Custom Belgian Wire Hoods
« on: August 15, 2013, 06:42:58 am »
I am hoping that this isn't a question with no answer, so I'm asking early.

Long story made short is that for our wedding in September '14, my fiance and I are brewing all of the beer. We are also brewing a version of my BGSA to serve as the 'champange' toast. We will be bottling these in 750mL Boulevard Smokestack bottles. I already know the exact size of the cork needed for these bottles, but my real question comes with the wired hoods.

Is there a vendor out there that will make custom wire hoods for a cork and cage finish? I can find plenty of custom bottle caps, but that isn't what I'm looking for.
Amanda Burkemper
KC Bier Meisters Lifetime Member - KCBM 3x AHA Club of the Year!!
BJCP Assistant (to the) Midwest Rep
BJCP Grand Master/Mead/Cider

Our Homebrewed Wedding, AHA Article

Offline james

• Brewer
Re: Custom Belgian Wire Hoods
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 08:40:13 am »
I am hoping that this isn't a question with no answer, so I'm asking early.

Long story made short is that for our wedding in September '14, my fiance and I are brewing all of the beer. We are also brewing a version of my BGSA to serve as the 'champange' toast. We will be bottling these in 750mL Boulevard Smokestack bottles. I already know the exact size of the cork needed for these bottles, but my real question comes with the wired hoods.

Is there a vendor out there that will make custom wire hoods for a cork and cage finish? I can find plenty of custom bottle caps, but that isn't what I'm looking for.

Sounds awesome.  Why don't you try to contact Boulevard (hopefully someone more on the dirty side vs clean front office side) and give them your story.  It wouldn't surprise me if they would send you some

Offline brderx

• 1st Kit
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 09:14:30 am »
I know I found a company a while back while I was looking for custom bottle caps online,but can't seem to find it again. However I did also find this link which might be useful if you want to do it yourself. I know the tutorial is bottle caps, but would work the same on blank cages. http://www.blockheadstamps.com/TechniquesPages/bottlecaps.html

Offline AmandaK

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Redbird Brewhouse
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 11:02:59 am »
Sounds awesome.  Why don't you try to contact Boulevard (hopefully someone more on the dirty side vs clean front office side) and give them your story.  It wouldn't surprise me if they would send you some

Yeah, I should just ask a few friends here in KC. That's how I know the size of corks, but maybe I'll also get lucky with the hoods too.
Amanda Burkemper
KC Bier Meisters Lifetime Member - KCBM 3x AHA Club of the Year!!
BJCP Assistant (to the) Midwest Rep
BJCP Grand Master/Mead/Cider

Our Homebrewed Wedding, AHA Article

Offline Scot (one T)

• Cellarman
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 12:36:07 pm by Scot (one T) »
Scot Schaar
River's Edge Fermentation Society
St Paul Homebrewers Club
AHA Member
BJCP Beer and Mead Judge