Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: I Want to Buy Hop Crowns  (Read 3528 times)

Offline jhart94949

• 1st Kit
I Want to Buy Hop Crowns
« on: August 22, 2013, 05:15:10 pm »
Anyone know a good place to find some Hops. I do not want rhizomes, I want an actual crown. I live in Northern Cali, so I can put them in the ground anytime of the year. I found a few on ebay but though I better look around a little before pulling the trigger on that. Anyways, a point in the right direction would be awesome 

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
Re: I Want to Buy Hop Crowns
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 05:43:11 pm »
I have seen thm on sle in the spring. Can't remember I those were from Freshops or Hopsdirect.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline pinnah

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Wesloper, CO
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 07:30:51 pm »
I got a crown from freshops a couple years back; Cascade.  Not typical for them to be offered.

All commercial crowns or rhizomes would be available in the spring, as hopfenundmaltz mentioned.  Right now your best bet might be to ask local homebrew clubs for folks that have plants in the yard you might pillage. 

Offline b-hoppy

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2013, 09:00:32 pm »
http://www.greatlakeshops.com/ Tell Lynn that B-Hoppy sent you and he'll throw an 'extra' in for ya!  Hoppy Trails~

Offline TrippleRippleBrewer

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 11:45:30 am »
http://www.greatlakeshops.com/ Tell Lynn that B-Hoppy sent you and he'll throw an 'extra' in for ya!  Hoppy Trails~

+1

Bought Chinook, Columbus, and Horizon crowns from them last spring. They were all great plants and have grown very well. Check their site for more information. You get a disease free tested product from them that will give you usable yield your first year and a significant head start over a rhizome.