14 days of dry hopping at ale fermentation temperature seems like a LONG time.
If you want shortest time from grain to glass (with maximum amount of dry hop impact), you can tweak a few things in your process:
1. Start with healthy, active yeast and O2. Seems like you're pretty much there. An active yeast starter and an additional shot of O2 6-8 hours in may cut a day or so off primary fermentation. I've shortened primary (and conditioning) time even further by using an English yeast (S-04 or 1968 slurry), but if you don't like the attenuation levels or yeast flavor contribution, don't bother.
2. More hops, higher temp, less contact time. Matt B. from FW likes to dry-hop at the end of primary (>90% attenuation, lets say 2 SG points from target) for just 2-3 days, but with a large charge of hops at diacetyl rest temps.
I use his method - in the case of a 1.068 IPA, 3 oz hops for 2 days in primary. Matt does have the luxury of dropping the yeast to reduce the absorption as Keith mentioned, but at these hopping rates your bound to get a lot of extraction either way.
3. Dry hop twice: 75% of the total dry hop charge for 2-3 days at the end of primary, the other 25% for 3 days in the keg, before going into the kegorator. This brightens up the dry hop flavor/aroma and allows you to minimize O2 pickup during the last dry hop (add to keg before transfer and purge well).
Just my $0.02. Like with most things in brewing - there is no 'best' method!