General Category > Commercial Beer Reviews

Old Schoolhouse Brewery, Winthrop WA

(1/2) > >>

yso191:
I just spent a couple of days in Winthrop at a motorcycle rally, and since the Old Schoolhouse Brewery was the only brewery in town it guaranteed a visit.  I tried their Hooligan Stout, Uncle Big's Brown, and Ruud Awakening IPA.  All were very good.  I took a growler of the IPA back to camp.

The food was also good, but incredible SLOW.  The live music was wretched - thankfully that changes regularly.

Winthrop is a great destination spot, and with the excellent beer, I'd say make plans to go.

klickitat jim:
I'll be there tonight

james:
I've had their beers a number of times at festivals and in bottles.  One of these days I'll get up there.

I believe Evan Ruud (old assistant brewer, son of owner, brother of head brewer) just went down to Durango Brewing where seanterrill used to work.

morticaixavier:

--- Quote from: james on August 26, 2013, 08:15:23 AM ---I've had their beers a number of times at festivals and in bottles.  One of these days I'll get up there.

I believe Evan Ruud (old assistant brewer, son of owner, brother of head brewer) just went down to Durango Brewing where seanterrill used to work.

--- End quote ---

did he really name his son after an outboard motor?

yso191:

--- Quote from: klickitat jim on August 26, 2013, 06:56:00 AM ---I'll be there tonight

--- End quote ---

Nice!  On your bike?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version