General Category > Kegging and Bottling

Keezer Issues

<< < (2/4) > >>

--- Quote from: SecondRow_Sean on August 27, 2013, 10:08:13 AM ---Yeah, the problem is that I can't find the leak. I've tried the Starsan/spray bottle method on literally EVERY single connection and still can't find it. I hooked up the last tank, and it was fine for about 3 weeks. No drop in pressure, nothing. I would check every day. Came downstairs this morning, and now it's all gone. Extremely frustrating...

--- End quote ---

Have you checked the regulator itself? Our clubs regulator is leaking slowly from the body, quite annoying. More annoying was that it took 3 fills of a 20# tank to figure it out.

Yep, it can be very frustrating.
Make sure you're opening the valve on the tank all way tight.
If it's leaking, you should be able to find it. Look everywhere three times. Start at the tank valve and go all the way to the entire keg lid (posts, relief, main seal, etc.) Everywhere there's a connection. The entire manifold. If you don't have hose clamps on each side of all of your tubing then do that.

For the gas-to-manifold, you just need a 1/4" FFL swivel nut and 5/16" barb, hose clamps on both ends.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll give them a shot, once I fill my tank. Again.

Start by process of elimination. Isolate the regulator, then add the next component. As frustrating as it may seem, it's really not that difficult. One step at a time and you'll narrow down the possibilities. Eventually you'll find the source of the leak.

Jimmy K:
Dip the end of the 1/4" tubing in some boiling hot water and it will slide onto the 5/16" barb with little problem.

I put a little keg lube on connections that might leak - it helps.

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version