Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Alchemist Closes Retail Shop  (Read 1851 times)

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Derry, NH
Alchemist Closes Retail Shop
« on: November 07, 2013, 08:26:21 am »
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/vt-beers-fans-trouble-neighbors-20804191

This story is starting to spread like wildfire across the national news outlets.  It's funny to see some of the comments and sad to see some of the a-holes posting comments regarding this decision.  Not only the people commenting about how the Alchemist doesn't care for their customers, but the others who say it's the out-of-staters to blame.  Without the "flatlanders", the VT economy would be in the dumps (I live in NH but lived the first 25 years of my life in VT and still have tons of family there).

Heady Topper is a fantastic beer.  Hopefully they will get a new retail spot up and running soon so I can go buy my case.  And with all the case that were sold at the brewery going to the retail outlets, maybe it will stay in the store longer than an hour.  I just hope the retailers don't jack up the price too much.

Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline Slowbrew

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • The Slowly Losing IT Brewery in Urbandale, IA
Re: Alchemist Closes Retail Shop
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 11:17:50 am »
Too bad they felt they needed to close the retail operation.  One less beer mecca to visit.  8^(

As for people posting nasty comments, stupid and angry are everywhere.  It seemed like the other posters set him back a bit.

Paul
Where the heck are we going?  And what's with this hand basket?