General Category > Commercial Beer Reviews

Commercial Saisons

<< < (6/6)

snowtiger87:
I think Funkwerks out of Ft Collins just made it into Nebraska. Their regular Saison got a gold at the GABF last year - and they won small brewery of the year.

AmandaK:

--- Quote from: snowtiger87 on October 01, 2013, 03:07:13 PM ---I think Funkwerks out of Ft Collins just made it into Nebraska. Their regular Saison got a gold at the GABF last year - and they won small brewery of the year.

--- End quote ---

You are correct sir. I'm going to start having my sister run me some FW across the state line when she moves up there.

FWIW, Tank 7 is still the ultimate saison for me.

reverseapachemaster:
I'd be very happy if Funkwerks began distribution in Texas, even if it was just their standard saison.

bigchicken:

--- Quote from: AmandaK on October 02, 2013, 05:36:37 AM ---
--- Quote from: snowtiger87 on October 01, 2013, 03:07:13 PM ---I think Funkwerks out of Ft Collins just made it into Nebraska. Their regular Saison got a gold at the GABF last year - and they won small brewery of the year.

--- End quote ---

You are correct sir. I'm going to start having my sister run me some FW across the state line when she moves up there.

FWIW, Tank 7 is still the ultimate saison for me.

--- End quote ---

Looks like I'll be making another trip to the store to try to find the Funkwerks. I did get to try a Saison fermented in a gin barrel at Upstream Brewery recently. It wasn't great, but not bad either. So far Tank 7 is the one I'm liking the best.

1vertical:
Finally got to try FunkWerks.  It is for sure worth a visit if you get the chance.
The Saison was so nice flavorful and clean...if that is a word you can use with saision.
Had the bbl aged quad and it stood out as a great beer also.  I liked the strong belgian golden
and the apricot saison as well.   Had to drive so had to stop tasting.
 ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version